Friday, October 07, 2005

Paddling Withdraws

It has been 2 weeks since I was on my way to Hawaii. To paddle the Na Wahine O Ke Kai outrigger canoe race from Molokai to Oahu one more time. http://nawahineokekai.com This time it would be totally different. I would be steering another team, Lanakila Canoe Club from Redondo Beach California. I paddled 22 of my crossing with Offshore Canoe Club of Newport Beach California.

All the memories are still very vivid in my mind of this years race. I had a great race I was able to get out of the canoe 4 times. This race was a whole new experience for me. That 's not normal for a steersmen. I have steered the race many times without coming out of the canoe. Six hours is just a long time to sit in a seat. I really don't recommend it to any steersmen. Get yourself a replacement and get out of the canoe at least once during those long races. You will feel much better during and at the end of the race.

I have been back just one week and now I am sitting in the mountains having paddling withdraws or maybe it is paddling friends withdraw. I think it is time to get back out on the water while I still can. The weather will be getting colder and colder by the week. I will try and find someone to paddle OC1's with this weekend it shouldn't be to hard since the one-man season is right around the corner. http://eteamz.active.com/socaloceanracing

Well this is my first post on a blog and I am just trying to figure out how it all works. So welcome and i hope you will come back. I am going to try to post some pictures and even toy around with putting up some videos.

No comments: